The treetop walk on the Sommerberg in Bad Wildbad in the northern Black Forest is easy to reach, and only about 25 km south of Pforzheim.
It’s quick and easy to reach the treetop walk by car, bus or by public transport.
• Coming from the A8, take the exit for Pforzheim-West and follow signs for B294 towards Bad Wildbad.
• In the district of Calmbach, turn left at the roundabout onto the L351
towards Bad Wildbad.
• Coming from the A81, you can either take the Böblingen or the Herrenberg exit towards Calw.
• From Calw, follow the B296 as far as Calmbach and turn off towards Bad Wildbad in the town centre.
• From Freudenstadt, please follow the B294.
• Shortly after Besenfeld, turn left onto the K4772.
• You’ll reach Bad Wildbad after a short drive through the upper Enztal
• You can reach us via the B462, which leads from the Rhine Valley through the Murg Valley.
• After Gernsbach, turn left onto the L76b towards Kaltenbronn.
• Follow the road until it joins the L351 in the Enztal valley and continues to Bad Wildbad.
Tip: If you prefer a less curvy road, you can also take the A5 to Karlsruhe and continue on the A8 to Bad Wildbad (see directions: “Via the A8 from Pforzheim”).
Are you arriving by car or coach?
There are several free and paid level and multi-storey car parks in Bad Wildbad.
You can find an overview here.
Bus parking is available behind the station in Bad Wildbad on Ladestraße. Please follow the signs towards Parkhaus Stadtmitte.
Tour groups can alight at the train station (about 10 minutes’ walk from the Sommerberg cable car valley station) and in Kernerstraße, opposite the entrance to Palais Thermal (about 2 minutes’ walk from the Sommerberg cable car valley station).
Coaches can turn around at the Sommerberg car park, but there are no coach parking spaces.
• Can I take my dog?
• Is the walk wheelchair-accessible?
• Is the walk open in bad weather?
Taking the train to the Treetop Walk Black Forest in Bad Wildbad is an
especially environmentally-friendly option.
Take the Inter-City via Karlsruhe or Stuttgart to Pforzheim, and continue to Bad Wildbad with the Enztalbahn line S6.
Or take advantage of AVG's extensive network, and continue to Bad Wildbad on the S6.
The Uhlandplatz stop (Sommerbergbahn) is close to the cable car valley station. From here, you can take the Sommerbergbahn to the Sommerberg. From the summit station, it is only a few minutes’ walk to the entrance of the Treetop Walk.